A Finger is sometimes called a digit, a Thumb is sometimes called a pollex, and a White spot on any finger is almost always called Vitiligo! Here we discuss Vitiligo Treatment – Fingers!
Acrofacial Vitiligo is characterised by macules appearing on the fingertips (acral means hands and feet), or face. This is further classified as Generalised Vitiligo and is the most common type, seen in up to 80% of those affected by this disease. It starts with a smooth spot that is a little lighter than the surrounding skin but gets paler with time until it becomes white.
These white patches are irregular in shape and the edges may become inflamed and slightly reddish. Sometimes they are itchy but are generally not sore and the lesions are neither dry nor do they tend to cause discomfort. These lesions appear on the fingertips – in and around the cuticle. They also can develop on the knuckles.
Vitiligo Treatment – Fingers!
The size and shape of the Vitiligo patches also vary between individuals. Some people may develop only a few white spots that don’t progress while others may develop larger patches that grow bigger and eventually join with each other to create a large uneven skin area.
Our Hands and Fingers are extremely important!
Every day – every hour and every minute, our fingers will:
- Perform surgical operations – saving lives and relieving pain.
- Make beautiful music, art, and sculpture – calming the spirit and gentling the soul.
- Massage sore muscles, smooth cream onto our skin, and fix beautiful hairstyles.
- Write poetry, tickle babies, and shape our lives!
Our hands and fingers help us communicate more effectively with our peers. Studies suggest that those who use elaborate hand gestures as they talk are viewed by most people as welcoming and friendly, while those who are less animated are viewed as logical or aloof. Hand gestures can also help us to form clearer thoughts and use more affirming words.
It is important for most people to have good-looking hands.
But, on the other hand…
If the skin on your hands looks unhealthy or uncared-for, people shy away from shaking your hand or accepting food or beverages from you. Unfortunately, people tend to notice Vitiligo lesions on your hands, and then they focus on these rather than on you. Second to your face, your hands are the most animated parts of your body in conversation. Diverted attention is an unfortunate consequence of having Acrofacial Vitiligo.
The skin on your hands works hard and usually lacks a natural moisturising characteristic. The skin in this area is generally quite thin and cannot readily bind with moisture, making it prone to dehydration. Your hands are continually exposed to solvents, water, and chemicals that strip away moisture.
Maintaining hand hygiene is crucial for reducing the incidence of infectious diseases in all populations. Alcohol-based hand sanitisers should be used sparingly or only when soap and water are not available. Alcohol is an irritant and using alcohol-based sanitisers can have an adverse effect by irritating the skin.
Vitiligo Treatment – Fingers!
People who have Acrofacial Vitiligo need to keep the skin on their hands as soft as possible to avoid contracting dermatitis, or skin irritation, which contributes to skin trauma damage and may lead to Vitiligo. If you use acetone to remove nail polish, try a brand that does not contain acetone. Getting acetone on your skin can lead to dermatitis.
Vitiligo lesions can appear on any part of the body, but we are focusing on the hands and fingers – fingertips, cuticles, and knuckles.
Why does Vitiligo appear on the fingers? Let’s hypothesise…
What could go wrong with our fingers?
- Red fingertips. This can be a symptom of poor circulation or even a skin allergy.
- Peeling fingertips – Hand dermatitis (or eczema) affects people who touch chemicals during their everyday activities – housekeepers, hairstylists, and mechanics.
- Cold fingers – Some autoimmune diseases cause inflammation of the veins and arteries, restricting normal blood flow. This circulation restriction can cause long-term damage.
- Pale-to-blueish fingers (Raynaud phenomenon) – is a condition that causes small arteries in the skin to abnormally constrict on exposure to cold air or water, limiting blood flow to the extremities.
- Numb fingers – An injured or pinched nerve can lead to numbness in the fingertips. High blood sugar (diabetes) can damage nerves, over time.
As an aside, if you have any of these finger issues, and have had them for a length of time, please consult a doctor.
In the domain of speculation, though, none of the above finger and hand issues have anything to do with Vitiligo. Or do they?
A multitude of natural organic pathways are thought to be disrupted when Vitiligo is diagnosed, including:
- Redox imbalance. This involves an imbalance between reactive oxygen species (highly reactive chemicals formed from O2) and antioxidant defence mechanisms inside cells. Excessive volumes of reactive oxygen species can damage cellular components and induce the production of inflammatory molecules. This redox imbalance leads to systemic inflammation.
- This is your body’s natural immune system’s response to a perceived injury or infection and is a good thing – if you have an infection or injury. But sometimes this immune response occurs when it shouldn’t. It can be triggered, for example, when you are exposed to toxins, and by other causes such as chronic stress, obesity, and autoimmune disorders (Vitiligo).
- Immune dysfunction. Studies suggest that Vitiligo is associated with a host of autoimmune diseases; mostly thyroid disease, pernicious anemia, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus, Addison’s disease, and adult-onset autoimmune diabetes.
What can be done to treat these areas?
Vitiligo Treatment has grown exponentially in recent years, and now has offices in South Africa, Australia, and the USA, with satellite outlets in other regions.
- We can effectively deliver our product range worldwide.
- We offer free assessments and consultations globally.
- We offer the Vitilox® range of products that have become the preferred, most stable form of treatment available for Vitiligo.
- We have accumulated numerous case studies and Vitilox® product reviews on third-party websites that explain our products and successful treatment cases in depth.
The most successful treatment option for Acrofacial Vitiligo is:
- Vitilox® Vitiligo Pigmentation Cream is a melanocyte rejuvenator and has been formulated to re-pigment the Vitiligo affected areas of your skin. This cream penetrates the skin’s cells, stimulating the melanocytes into releasing melanin (the pigment that gives your skin and hair their characteristic colour). Melanin is a protein made by the cells of the skin within the lower layers of the dermis. This protein is then transported and deposited within the upper layers of the skin. Vitilox® Pigmentation Cream for Vitiligo contains stimulants that are absorbed into the skin causing these cells to re-activate.
Vitilox® Pigmentation Cream has been described as the most effective cream available for the recovery of your natural skin tone. As Vitilox® Pigmentation Cream only contains natural ingredients there are no known side effects, so it is deemed 100% safe. The Vitilox® range of products are entirely paraben-free (methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, and butylparaben).
The main ingredients of the Vitilox® Cream are Kalahari melon, Avocado oils, Xanthum gum, Shea butter, Vegetable glycerine, Vitamin E, Lipoproteins and Oligoelements. There is no itching or burning associated with the use of these products. A dedicated research team ensures that the Vitilox® range of products remains at the forefront of Vitiligo treatment.
Vitiligo Cream and Vitamins:
Vitilox® Vitiligo Pigmentation Cream is best applied to the affected areas of your hands twice daily, on clean, dry skin. Gently rub a small amount into the affected areas, ensuring that the cream penetrates the skin. The cream will not leave a greasy residue but will penetrate deep into the inner layer of your skin and will remain active for up to 24 hours after application.
- Vitilox® B12, Folic Acid & Vitamin D3 are slow-absorbing vitamins formulated to stop the spread of Vitiligo. This is essential for the repigmentation process.
Vitamin B12 is essential for healthy skin, supporting and promoting cell heath. These vitamins also help reduce the risk of infection. Besides the physical health benefits, Vitilox® Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid helps relieve stress and anxiety – essential for the well-being of people suffering from Vitiligo. The less you stress the less the Vitiligo spreads!
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is not manufactured in the body. This vitamin is crucial for brain health, nerve tissue health, and the formation of red blood cells. The metabolism of every cell in the body depends on vitamin B12, as it plays a part in the synthesis of fatty acids and energy production.
Vitamin B12 maintains energy levels by helping the body absorb folic acid. Our bodies require an array of micronutrients and macronutrients to function optimally. Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that plays many essential roles in the everyday functioning of our body. If our bodies don’t get adequate amounts of B12, there could be serious consequences as B12 works hand in hand with the autoimmune system, which is necessary for the treatment of Vitiligo.
Folic acid is a type of B vitamin that helps the body break down, use, and create new proteins. It also helps form red blood cells and create new DNA. Folic acid, paired with vitamin B12 helps regulate the amount of the amino acid homocysteine in the body.
Vitamin D3 is known to support bone health, but it also supports the immune system to protect you from environmental and seasonal threats.
The recommended dosage is one Vitilox® Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid capsule taken daily after breakfast. This unique supplement is slow absorbing and is beneficial for up to 24 hours.
With Vitiligo Treatment and the Vitilox® range of products, you don’t have to keep your fingers crossed!
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require any further information pertaining to this article – Vitiligo Treatment – Fingers! – or require any additional detailed information on our products.
Vitilox® Global Store: https://vitilox.com/shop/